Thursday 15 September 2011

Nothing But A Dream; Chapter 4: The Saving

Tum Tum's POV (Point of View)
I woke to the sound of Rocky and Colt talking. Colt seemed angered and Rocky frusterated.
Typical! I thought. Colt was always sarcastic and sometimes rude, causing Rocky to take quick action and act 'grow-up' just because he was the oldest out of us three. Sometimes it got annoying, Rocky acting like grandpa.
"What are you two talking about?" I muttered still half asleep. A bag of jellybeans what at my side.
"Nothing," Colt and Rocky said together as the spun around to glare at me.
"Well what did I do?" I asked innocently.
"C'mon let's just go get some pizza," Rocky muttered and Colt rolled his eyes and stood up. We all got on sweaters and grabbed our bikes. We began our short way towards the pizza parlor. Rocky seemed distracted and Colt seemed agitated. Whatever the two were arguing about they didn't seem happy.
The ride was akward and silent. "Does anyone want any jellybeans?" I politely suggested.
Rocky and Colt whipped around to look at me. "No!" They said together again and I shrugged. "I was just asking." My reply made Colt turn around again.
"Colt! Look out!" Rocky yelled and as Colt turned back around he was sent flying over his handle bars.
"Woah!" Colt yelped as he hit the pavement and rolled.
"Colt!" Rocky and I yelled together and got off of our bikes and went to see if our brother was alright. "You okay?" Rocky asked.
"Just great," Colt muttered and wiped himself off. His hands were scraped and there was a shallow cut on his cheek.
"Your bleeding," I noted and Colt wiped off his cheek, blood staining his hand.
"Oh well," was his reply.
Rocky and I sighed and we all got back on our bikes.

As the parlor came into view our hopes raised. We hadn't had pizza in awhile, we tried our best to eat healthy at Grandpa's cabin. We locked our bikes on the bike rack and went inside. We quickly ordered the pizzas and Colt and Rocky went to play the arcade games. I waited patiently.
"Number forty-five," The girl at the till said into the microphone. I immediatly jumped up and looked at the lady.
"That's me!" I grinned and she handed me a medium pepperoni pizza. "Thank you!" I said and went to enjoy my food.
After a few minutes the lady called into the microphone again. "Number forty-six," Colt perked up and left his game. He smiled politely to the girl and got his own small pizza.
Rocky was still involved in his video game as Colt and I enjoyed our pizza.

Ding! Ding! The bell from the door rang and three people walked into the pizza parlor. Colt and I turned to see who it was, clearly nosey. It was Ayla and her family.
"Hey guys!" She said with a bright smile and waved to us. Her parents said something quietly and went to order their pizza.
"Hi Ayla," I muttered through my mouth full of pizza.
Colt looked at me rolled his eyes and than turned his attention to Ayla. "You can sit down," He said and gestured to the seat across from him and beside me.
"Thanks," She said and sat down. A brief ringtone went off and Ayla looked in her father's direction. He was talking into his phone and he seemed stressed. Her dad looked at her mom, muttered something and than walked over to Ayla. "I'm sorry, duty calls. I'll see you tonight! I promise," He said and hurried off with the car.
Ayla sighed and looked down.
"What was that all about?" I said and recieved a sharp kick from Colt. "Ow!" I said and Colt glared at me.
"He isn't around much. He works for the FBI and I never get to see him anymore," She seemed upset.
"Our father works in the FBI too," Colt and I said together. "We understand."
"That's why we moved," Ayla said and looked at both of us with sad brown eyes.
Just than three men in black ski masks entered the parlor. Guns aiming at the innocent customers. "This is a robbery! Where's the money!" One of the men yelled. Colt and I looked at each other and customers gasped. The lady at the till began to tremble and Rocky was still involved in his game.
"Now!" The second robber called and the lady opened the till. The third robber leaped over the counter and pushed the lady down, taking the cash and stuffing it into a pillow case. Colt stood up and walked over.
"I don't think you should've done that," He said simply.
I sighed and Ayla looked at me. "He's going to get himself shot!"
The second robber aimed the gun around the parlor and everyone ducked. Everyone except for Colt and I and Rocky who was too busy with his game to notice.
"Well, well, well," The third robber leaped back over the counter and stood infront of Colt. "What do we have here? Kid, shouldn't you be in the sand box?"
"Shouldn't you be in jail?" Colt shot back and clenched his fists.
The man chuckled and looked back at his companions. "Who does this kid think he is?"
"The one who's going to kick your butt!" Colt yelled.
"I doubt tha-" The robber was cut off as Colt aimed a blow to his gut.
"Why you little-" He was cut off again as Colt kicked away the robber's gun and sent it skidding across the floor. He aimed another blow to the criminal's chest and than knocked his legs out from under him.
The robber crumpled in pain and stayed huddled. The second robber aimed his gun at Colt and was about to shoot when I ran over and kicked him where it hurts. "Aya!" I said and the robber bent down in agony. I aimed a blow to his head with my hand and he fell down. He seemed to be sobbing. "What a baby!" I said and froze when I heard Colt yell my name. The first robber was now holding Ayla as a hostage, a gun to her head as he backed slowly to the door. The stolen money in his hand.
"Rocky!" I yelled.
"What?!" Rocky grumbled and turned around. When he saw the two robbers on the ground and the other threatening to shoot Ayla he froze. He was directly behind Ayla and the man. He grinned and slammed down his hand on the mans collarbone, karate-chopping it.
The man immediatly let go of Ayla and she ran over to Colt and I.
Rocky used this to his advantage and elbowed the man in the face. The man swung at Rocky but he dodged and kicked him in the side.
Instead of trying to fight backagain the robber made a run for it, heading towards the door but the un-noticed sound of sirens could suddenly be heard and four police cruisers pulled into the parking lot, surrounding the pizza parlor. The robber dropped to the ground, surrendering. Three police men came inside and arrested the men. The sheriff came in as well and looked at Rocky, Colt, and I.
"You three stopped them?" He asked.
We all nodded.
"How? You're just kids!" He said with disbelief.
"They're ninjas," Ayla interupted with a smile. "They saved my life."
Rocky and Colt blushed and I rolled my eyes.
"Congratulations boy," The sheriff said and walked back out the door, the men groaning in pain.
Ayla watched and than turned her attention on us. "That guy would've killed me if it wasn't for you guys," She said.
"She's right," Ayla's mother said as she walked over. She had teary eyes, she must've been scared for her daughter.
"Oh it was nothing," I said shyly.
Ayla smiled and walked over to Rocky. She kissed him on the cheek. She then walked over to Colt and kissed him on the cheek, "What happened to you?" She said and touched his cut on his cheek. "Oh nothing, it doesn't hurt," Colt said, clearly trying to impress her.
Ayla giggled and than turned to me. "You're not kissing me!" I said and backed into a table. She advanced and kissed my cheek. "Bleh!" I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment