Thursday 15 September 2011

Nothing But A Dream; Chapter 1: The Move

A.N: I tried a new style of writing so... I hope you like it if you're reading :)

"Ayla!" I heard my mother yelling for me from downstairs.
"Yes?" I called back.
"Are you ready?" Came her reply. I was tired of her nagging me.
"Ayla Elise Montgomery, if I have to go up there and you're not ready-"
I cut my mother off. "Okay, okay!" I said exasperated and got out of my temporary bed. A sleeping bag on the floor of what was once my room.
I walked to my suitcase and grabbed my small bag of toiletries.
I headed into my personal bathroom and hopped into the shower.
As soon as I was done I dryed my hair and grabbed my only clothes left in the house. My white skinny jeans and my favourite blue plaid shirt.
I left my nearly empty room and gave one reluctant glance back before descending down the stairs. I could smell the tangy scent of orange juice. I entered the kitchen seeing a small temporary table set up with stools. On the table were three cups filled with orange juice and three bowls of cereal.
"Just great," I muttered.
"How was your sleep, Sweetie?" My mom said and passed me the milk.
"Fine," I muttered and poured the milk into my bowl. My dad was to busy with his laptop, working on unsolved cases probably.
My dad was an FBI agent, he was always researching on his laptop if he was at home. The only reason we were moving was because he was signed into a different squadrent. I was mad at first but as I continued thinking about it, I knew he was just trying to help the world rid atleast a couple criminals, but it didn't mean I was still happy about the idea of leaving my friends.
I quickly finished my breakfast and washed out my cup and bowl. I placed them in a box labeled 'Fragile' and looked at my parents.
"If everything packed?" I asked half-heartedly and my mom gave me a cheerful smile.
"Besides that box and this table," she awnsered. "Is everything gone from your room?"
I thought for a moment. "Just the sleeping bag, I'll grab it now." I left the kitchen and advanced up the stairs. I entered my empty room and frowned. I would miss all the memories I had growing up in this house. I lived here for fifteen years and now I would be moving to a new house. With no memories. I grabbed the sleeping bag and looked in my bathroom. I had almost forgotten my bag of toiletries. I grabbed that and shoved it into my last suitcase. I bounded down the stairs, the sleeping bag taking up one arm and the suitcase taking up the other.
"I'm ready," I said and my mom smiled encouragingly. She held the box of plates, bows, and cups. My dad closed his laptop and folded up the small table. His eyes held sympathy, he knew I didn't want to leave.
"You sure you want to go now? I mean we can always go in a couple hours," I heard my mom say as I walked out the door and placed my stuff in the moving truck.
"Yeah now, before I can change my mind and start to protest," I said trying to lighten my mood which clearly didn't work.
My dad sighed as he placed the foldable-table into our black truck and I got into the backseat, I closed the door and put on my seatbelt. My mom placed the 'Fragile' box in the moving truck and got into the passenger seat. We waited patiently for my dad and soon we were pulling out of the driveway.
I looked at our house, it would be the last time I would see it. I sighed and plugged in my iPod. I switched through the songs until I found the one I was searching for. I smile faintly crept onto my face as I listened to the song but as soon as I saw my neighbourhood, correction old neighbourhood, flash by my smile turned into a frown.

(Yes, this was also posted on the story blog of NBAD but I like posting it on here, I'll also post the next three chapters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment