Thursday 15 September 2011

Nothing But A Dream; Chapter 2: The Lunch

Colt's POV (Point of View)
"Tum Tum!" I heard Rocky, my older brother say as my younger brother ate his sandwitch.
"What?" Tum Tum asked innocently.
Rocky rolled his eyes. "That was my sandwitch."
I chuckled. Tum Tum was the hungry one out of all three of us.
"Boys?" I heard my grandpa say.
"Yes, Grandpa?" Rocky asked as he put away his plate. Tum Tum had already devoured the sandwitch.
"I'm going out for awhile, I'll be back soon. I expect you'll have lunch by the time I'm back," Grandpa said as he walked out the door.
"Yes sir," all three of us chimed.
"Tum Tum, you cook," Rocky ordered. "I'll do the dishes when lunch is done and Colt can-"
"I'll practice on the dummy!" I said and bounded off outside. We were spending our weekend at our grandfather's cabin. He was Japenese and he new martial arts. He taught us everything there was to know about being a ninja.
"Colt!" I heard my brother, Rocky call after me but I ignored him. He was always trying to tell me what to do. He was always bossy. I soon made my way to the side of the house where a training dummy was tied to a rope and hanging from a tree branch. I aimed a blow just in the center of the chest of the dummy with my fist and the eyes lit up. A short ding went off and a smile crept onto my face.
I aimed another blow at the dummy, this time aiming for it's forehead. I smiled with satisfaction as my foot met with the hard cushion. Ding! Went the dummy and the eyes lit up with a red light.
After practicing for what seemed like hours I heard Rocky and Tum Tum calling me.
"Great," I sighed and wiped the sweat off my brow. I walked along the side of the cabin and entered, pushing the screen door away from me.
"Lunch is ready," Rocky said.
"I heard," I retorted and stood behind the dining table. I knew what was coming. A plate came sailing over to me and I caught it with one hand and set it on the table. Two more came flying towards me, over Rocky's head. I grabbed them both and set them on the table.
"Do you think Grandpa will eat?" I heard Tum Tum ask.
"Yes," Rocky said and and another plate came flying from where ever Tum Tum was. I caught it quickly and set it down where grandpa usually sat.
"Table's set!" I called and I grabbed a plate, just in time as spaghetti flew towards me. I caught it with the plate and set it down. After catching three more plates of spaghetti Rocky, Tum Tum, and I sat down to eat. We waited for grandpa to get back.
Beep! Beep! Beep!All three of our heads whipped to look at the large red lightbulb, flashing and making an alarm sound.
"Grandpa's back!" Tum Tum yelled and Rocky and I rolled our eyes. Rocky stood up to turn off the alarm.
"Boys!" Grandpa said as he walked in and sat at the table. "It smells delicious!"
"Thank you, Grandpa," All three of us coursed together.
"Colt didn't help!" Tum Tum said suddenly and I reached out a leg to kick Tum Tum.
"Ow! Colt kicked me!" Tum Tum said and I smirked.
"Colt, enough. Eat your lunch," Grandpa scolded and I sighed. I dug into my food as well as Grandpa, Rocky, and Tum Tum. "After we eat, I'm taking you back home."
"But Grandpa-" Whined Tum Tum, Rocky, and I.
"No buts!" Grandpa cut us off and ate his lunch. When we were finished I did the dishes. A punishment for not helping cook lunch. Without looking I threw the knives, forks, and spoons in the right containers. When I was finished cleaning the utensils I sent the plates sailing towards Rocky who decided to help me. He quickly placed them in the right cupboard.
"We're done," I said when we were finished.
Tum Tum came down from the spiraling metal stairs that led right to our beds. The attic where all three of us slept. He was carrying his duffle bag filled with Ding Dongs and other sorts of junk food.
"My bag's ready," He said sullenly. We always hated leaving Grandpa's cabin. We weren't allowed to practice ninja at home. Are dad didn't allow it.
Rocky gave me a quick glance before he leaped up the short metal stairs and went to grab his bag. I ran after him. I had packed my bag right after lunch. I came down the stairs and made my way outside. Tum Tum was already sitting in Grandpa's convertable. A chocolate bar shoved into his mouth.
Rocky placed his bag in the back and took the passenger seat. I sat down next to Tum Tum in the back and together we waited for grandpa.
Grandpa soon appeared in the doorway. He closed and locked his door and waddled to the car. He sat down and started the engine. Tum Tum, Rocky, and I exchanged looks. We didn't want to leave. We pulled out of the driveway and across the small red bridge that slightly towered over a small brook.
Good-bye ninja training, I thought sadly as we got onto the main road.

No comments:

Post a Comment