Tuesday 23 August 2011

Suggestions needed and also kitty issues!

1st Issue: Okay, I want to know how I can make My Life more interesting! Should I add my picture editing blog onto this site and my review blog? Should I share my many stories I write? I like writing new chapters if people read. Should I create 'quote of the week' and polls weekly? I'd like your input on what I should to do make an advancement on this blog!

2nd Issue: Kay, Shade, you all know him right? My adorable kitten who I love? Well... lately he's been acting up. Bad. I have been talking to a vet assistant through email but the advice she's been giving me just isn't working and she's not replying to my questions fast enough! I honestly know how to care for my cat/kitten. I'm not mean to him, I love him, and honestly I'm sick of people telling me to do stupid things, like 'oh your cat is just trying to play!' or 'oh get rid of him' and my personal hated comment 'his brain is damaged'.
Shade is becoming highly aggressive. Attacking people, mostly male guests, biting, clawing, hissing, growling, and peeing where ever he pleases. He has a litter box which I clean frequently and he's not spraying because we got him neutered five months ago. When he was three months old he got very, very sick. I'll give you a little info on that.
Shade's mother, Callie once had kittens but they were born dead and hairless. Her second litter of kittens, Shade included in them, had problems too. Rascal, Shade's older brother had a brain infection and he continued having seizures and eventually he died. Shade had the same problem, although he didn't have seizures. We took him to the vet and she gave him strong antibiotics to knock the infection out of him. He had a 50% change of living/dying. Fortunately he lived. He doesn't have any brain damage or we would've realized this, the vet even said so. He was three months than. He will be a year in November. Recently my guy friend has been sleeping over at my house due to the crowded housing issue. I think one of the reasons Shade is mean is because my friend taunts him, today I told him to stop. I said if you're going to continue harassing my cat you're not allowed over anymore. I don't want Shade to be mean. He understood and promised to stop.
But.. I've been giving him more room. I stopped picking him up and ignored him whenever he came out of where he was sleeping, he seems to be a little better natured. He actually suckled on my blanket today, something he hadn't done in almost a week or two. Shade was taken from his mother too early so he likes to nurse on my blanket. He didn't attack me except for when I was attempting to dance to Moves Like Jagger. He ran at me and clawed my heel and bit my foot, I yelled "Ouch!" It was almost a shriek and instantly he stopped and ran into my room, 'cause that's what he usually does when he knows he's done wrong. Anyways, that's a little information on my mean kitten. I'd like help!

Well, really I'd like help for both my situations.

-Alado loves.. you should know by know

P.S: I updated the playlist! :D

P.P.S: The picture is Shade... duh

4 comments:

  1. Amber{Sharpstone}23 August 2011 at 08:23

    Situation 1: I think your should do everything you suggested!!! Well if you want too! :P They're all cool ideas!

    Situation 2: Maybe instead of emailing the vet, take Shade there instead. They could check if there is anything wrong with Shade. Plus, your questions would get answered right away instead of waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! :D

    But the thing is my mom's a single mom supporting four kids and we just can't waiste our oney on Shade is there's nothing wrong with him and most veternarians aren't behavioural experts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber{Sharpstone}24 August 2011 at 06:45

    Your welcome Alado!(:

    Oh...now I understand..hmm. I don't know if this idea is possible, but have you ever called the nurse that you have been emailing? Maybe that would help?

    ReplyDelete